Forum Replies Created
1 year, 5 months ago in reply to: Translation with wrong redirection on search button #1049404
it works fine, thank you so much!
Now that we can test the lingual version of our website http://career.cascoauto.com/ , we found out a problem with the menu on mobile devices:
From the mobile, when displaying the menu, it's not possible to access other languages.
- On desktop, the click on the "english" menu display the sub-menu with other languages.
- On mobile, the click on "english" menu just reload the page in english.
How to make other languages accessible?1 year, 5 months ago in reply to: Translation with wrong redirection on search button #1049269
Can you give an update on the issue? Thanks.
We've whitelisted your IP address.
Hope to hear from you soon.
I just checked the sFTP (not FTP) access with the login/pass I gave you and it works fine.
So I guess it's a problem of white list with your Ip address blocked by our firewall.
Could you give me your IP, so we will whitelist it?
We succeed in changing the text directly in the PHP file, thank you.
We still try to understand what's wrong with the host provider and WPML.
Yes, I tried to do that already. But as well in Loco as in WPML (that we are using on the website), it's not possible to edit the site's language strings, only to translate them to other language.
So, as the "no applications" text is in english, i can't edit it.
I switch the global Wp setting to another language, did the same in WPML, but the string remain in english and no editable... (see screenshot)
Did I do something wrong?
thanks for the tip of the "...", I didn't see it.
But the effect is not the right one:
- Before: red background, become bleu when mouse over, and white text
- Expected: LIGHT BLUE background, become DARK BLUE when mouse over, and WHITE text
- Result: DARK BLUE background, become TRANSPARENT when mouse over, and LIGHT BLUE text.
How to get the Expected?
For the #2, If I'm logged as an admin, in the front-office, I can't see the global list of application, resume, or offers from other users. It's possible only into the WP back-office.
We can't use admin status for this need, because that means that it should be done from the back-office into WP! It's impossible for our HR managers to use WP, they only can access the front-office.
How to solve to have in front:
- a HR Director accessing everything
- HR Managers able to manage more than one location (for USA 3 locations, for Germany 2 location, for Asia 3 locations)
And last question regarding resume:
can't our HR managers access the full resume database? Actually, they only see resume that have been assigned to their account from the admin in the back office.
If a candidate create an account and a resume, it's not visible from the non-admin in the front-office.
For example, I created an account and a resume for a candidate "Test Candidate-Casco".
But when I log gin with a "Employer" account, i don't see this resume. I only access 2 resume from the 19 in our database.
I Guess it's because the candidate is not assigned to a unique location. But a candidate could be interested for several locations. And a HR manager should be able to see the global Resume listing.
Hi, yes for sure, having geo-codes is essential! I guess this problem is usual among your clients.
As I have to solve the problem, I can't wait you develop this upgrade. So we're looking for solution to solve it.
If we keep the example of our Morgantown address, it could be simple to solve.
As Google doesn't place the marker at the right position for the real address:
1357 Veterans Hwy, Morgantown, KY 42261, USA
we had to enter a wrong one to have the marker at right place:
726 Veterans Hwy, Morgantown, KY 42261, USA
Now, we need to display a short address in the website, from a custom field "Display address" we created for companies:
Morgantown, KY, USA
How to change the code of pages were the real address is displayed (field "_address") by our custom field "_display_address"?
It's for the display of offers on these pages:
- http://comcascoaut-ahar.savviihq.com/jobs-casco/ (jobs display in the element "Not Jobs")
- http://comcascoaut-ahar.savviihq.com/?post_type=noo_job&s=&location= (search results with jobs list in the center of page + "jobs location" on the right side)
- http://comcascoaut-ahar.savviihq.com/jobs/financial-systems-solutions-developer/ (job page)
Examples of these 3 pages are enclosed
last screen shot for previous comment
next 2 screens shots for previous comment
let's try do make it more clear for at least one of the problem.
As the asians addresses are even more difficult, let's take USA as an example.
1/ The real address to display on the website is:
- Casco Products Corporation
US Manufacturing Operations
1357 Veterans Way
Morgantown KY, 42261
if I search on Google for that, it's perfect (see screenshot "full address)
2/ But this "full address" doesn't get reset into your theme (see "theme full address")
3/ So, in the theme, I have to enter the address as:
- 1357 Veterans Highway, Morgantown, KY, United States (see "theme post address")
4/ but this address is wrong located (see "google post address")
5/ To have the right location, I have to enter a wrong address:
- 736 Veterans Hwy, Morgantown, KY 42261, USA (see "google post address")
then the job offer display a wrong address!
So, is it possible:
- or to input into your theme the full address(1) returning the right location on google maps
- or to have a field to enter any coordinates just to place the marker + an other field for a "display address" on the job offers?
I have the same problem for our addresses in Brazil, Indonesia, China, Italy.
Yes, this is one of the 2 problems:
1/ addresses too precise in google maps that should be shorten to find a match in Google, but then the marker is at the wrong position. for example:
2/ adresses that exist in Google Maps but could not be found into the JobMonster admin and should be shorten to be found. Example:
But it's not possible to find it into your theme.
to find the same Marker location into your theme, we must enter:
3 / results exists in google, but not the address. We need to enter geocodes.
but full addresses is unknown:
So, to solve all these issues, we need :
- to be able to enter geo-codes or "hidden address" just used to place the marker
- to have a "display" address just used to be displayed in jobs, and then be able to display a short address like "city/country"
Even in USA, there is the problem of displayed addresses;
If you go in Google Pas, and look for this address, the location is good:
Casco Products Corporation
US Manufacturing Operations
1357 Veterans Way
Morgantown KY, 42261
But when creating a job offer in your template, to have the cursor at the right location, I should input this address:
726 Veterans Highway, Morgantown, KY, United States
Then, the address display in the job offer is wrong!
We must have the possibility:
- to enter a "display" address
- and to to enter geo coordinates or a "hidden" google map address used to locate the marker
yes, I found out that I can enter full address while connected in front as a user, and then enter a customised address while creating a new job.
But then, I still have another problem:
The display of offer then display the full address, which is really not easy for a fast reading of offers to understand where is the location (city/country)
Actually, with short description, the offer just display city / country. isn't it possible to keep it as name field, and enter the full address in another field for the marker of the google map?
See the screen shot enclosed to see the difference of display between short or long address.
That would also solve the problem that for some address, Google only now a partial address, not the exacte one:
Operations, Sales Office & R&D Center
#428 XingLong St., 27C\26E
Suchun Industrial Square, SIP,
428 XingLong St,
By the way, some exact addresses are not known by goggle (for example in Indonesia, China or Tunisia), and we should used the geo coordinates to place the marker. Is it possible?