2 months, 3 weeks ago #1069310
Hello there JobMonster Support!
Currently I'm having some issues with the Job Alert functionality of JobMonster. These issues that hinder the functionality of the Alert to the point where it is sometimes unusable for some of my users. Also, to clarify, I've installed WP Cron Manager to view WordPress' Cron Events, and also Easy WP SMTP, as recommended by your staff in some of the other threads relating to Job Alert made by users. Here are my problems listed:
- Not all alerts show up on WP Cron Manager. If a user creates a new alert, sometimes it will show up as a Cron event, but other times not, and the alert will be basically useless. The user will not receive alerts at all.
- When Job Alerts do get sent, variables like Job Location, or Category, don't make a difference. For example: If someone is searching for a job in the U.S. but in the specific city of Massachusetts, they will receive jobs all over U.S.
- The Alerts are overall very inconsistent -- sometimes they arrive, sometimes they don't.
- Do Alerts stop being renewed after a certain amount of time? If yes, after how long?
- What happens to Guests when they create a Job Alert? Does the system work in the same way as for a registered user on the website?
- Is there a simple way to disable alerts for Guests, if those alerts are hard to manage?
That's basically all. I'm able to provide any login details / website logs, whatever you need to make the job of fixing the problem easier.
Thank you for your help.2 months, 3 weeks ago #1069340
Tracy BuiNooThemeTopics: 0
Thanks for contacting us.
1- Currently, Jobmonster theme doesn't support a layout which is compatible with WP Cron Manager plugin. We think this is the reason why you met this issue.
1.1 We are so sorry but we don't support the issue which related to WP Cron Manager plugin.
1.2. You should choose the Job Location directly and exactly. For example, if you want to receive a job from a specific city of Massachusetts, you should check this checkbox directly.
1.3 You said "The Alerts are overall very inconsistent -- sometimes they arrive, sometimes they don't"
We think the job alerts depend on jobs on your website or email system on your server. If you have a new appropriate job, it will be sent. Please check it carefully, then find a logic about the issue exactly.
We will try to check it.
2.1 No, Currently, job alerts doesn't stop being renewed.
2.2 a guest want to receive job alerts from your website, they only fill out this form: https://imgur.com/a/XyvTUUR
It will be sent via email.
2.3 Currently, we turned on Job alert for all accounts so we will discuss with our developer about this question. If possible, we will create an option for your question in the future.
You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.