Tagged: Update 126.96.36.199; backup
6 months, 2 weeks ago #1081210
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.6 months, 2 weeks ago #1081223
Yes. If you update all previous edits will lose.
You will have to use child theme to solve this problem if you don't want to worry about every time you update to the new version.
** Here's how you should do before updating the theme:
- Backup the theme, or at least the files you have edited.
- Update the new version
- There will be 2 options for you:
1. Continue to overwrite the backup file into the parent theme. (You will have to repeat the work each time you update the version)
2. Use Child theme (just update the file in case there is a new function update for that file.)
tb.6 months, 2 weeks ago #1081342
Does the parent and child themes share both the same database. I mean let say:
1. I activate the child theme now, will my clients & candidate (those who registered themselves on the parent theme) still have access to their data & info when they log in the child theme?
If I understood correctly what you said above, I have to backup the pages I have modified, then update the parent theme to 188.8.131.52, then rewrite/overwrite the pages in 184.108.40.206 based on my-backup.
2. How do I make back-up of my modified pages?
I mean any documentation where I can follow / stepwise process.
thanks6 months, 2 weeks ago #1081353
1. It will not change data unless you customize the theme's functionality.
2. You can refer:
You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.