From version 3.3.0 , when you go to Admin dashboard, you will see a section called Jobmonster which contains General settings, Custom fields and Quick Setup
This section provides you with settings of 13 parts that contain: Action Control, Jobs, Resumes, Job Application, Email Templaté, Packages, Indeed, Company, Member, Messages, Location, Job Alert and 3rd APIs
1.1. Action Control
This page consists of setting related to the main actions of users on your site. Depending on the actions, you can select if the user is allowed freely or require purchasing the packages.
With action requires buying packages, you will see proper settings on the package product edit page.
- Post Job: you can choose who can post jobs on the drop-down list: Employer or Employers with Paid packages.
- View and Search Resume: you can set who can view and search resume on the drop-down list.
- View candidate contact: choose who can view candidate contact on the drop-down list. There are 5 options: All who can view resume, Public, Employers, Employers with Paid Packages and Private.
Note: In any case, employers who received resumes from applications can view contact information.
- Post Resume: choose who can post resume on the drop-down list. There are 2 options: Candidates & Candidates with Paid Packages.
- View Job Details: choose who can view job details on the drop-down list. There are 4 options: Public, Logged-in Users, Candidates, Candidates with Paid Packages.
- Apply Job: choose who can apply job on the drop-down list. There are 3 options: Public, Candidates, Candidates with Paid Packages.
- Bookmark Job: you can choose to unable or enable the Bookmark Job function.
- Job Archive base (slug): you can set the Job listing page slug
- Jobs Display: click the blue link “Customizer” to change job layout or displayed sections
- Job Approval: tick this box then all newly submitted jobs must receive approval of the Admin
- Enable Cover Image: Allow employers to change cover image of each job
• Default Job Content: Input or change the default content for job description section
• Job submission condition: You can change content for condition with which employers will have to agree before they submit the job posting
- If you are not using Woo Commerce for job posting package, you can configure setting for Job Submission here: Job Limit (the number of jobs an employer can post), Job Duration (the number of days during which job listing is displayed), and Job Featured Limit (the number of featured jobs an employer can set), Reset Counter Every (Reset Counter will allow employers to re-post jobs after using up limitation. Input zero for no reset). Remember to click Save Changes button to save your settings.
From version 3.0, there are some major changes to Resume settings.
Enable Resume: in case, you do not tick this box. When candidate login to their account, they will not be able to post resumes. Moreover, Manage resume section will also disappear
If you check this box, you will have options such as:
Resume archive base (slug): Enter slug of the page that display resume listing.
Resume Display: Go to Customizer to change settings for Resume layout or displayed sections.
Max Viewable Resume: The maximum number of viewable/ searchable resumes set by each candidate. Set 0 so that all resumes will not be viewable; however, you will still be able to use resume for job application. set -1 in order that all resumes will be viewable
Resume Approval: If you tick this box, each newly submitted resume will need the manual approval of Admin.
Enable Upload CV: tick this box then candidates will have an option of uploading their attachment.
Allowed Upload File Types: You can add file types here. Yet, remember that you are not allowed to add dot (.) in front of each extension and space behind comma (,).
Enable Education, Experience, Skill and Print Resume: Tick all these boxes to display Education, Experience, Skill and the resume will be able to be printed.
1.4. Job Application
• Enable custom application link: if you tick the second option, Yes, on the dashboard then the admin can insert a link into Custom Application Link when he add a new job. When applicants click Apply for Job button, they will be directed to that link to apply.
If you choose the third one, on both dashboard and frontend then both employers and admin can incorporate the link.
• Limit application to member: If you only allow candidates who logged into the site to apply for jobs, tick this box.
Notice that if you tick this box, the Apply for Job button will not be shown to employers. Moreover, you will have
• Resume Selection (For Member): Choose Enable or Disable
• File Attachment: Select Enable or Disable
• Allow Multiple Attachment: If you tick this box, candidates can choose many files and upload at the same time
• Require attachment or resume: If you check this box, it will require candidates to upload a resume or an attachment to apply
• Enable Captcha Job Application: Check this box to avoid spam
• Apply with Linkedin: Jobmonster allows candidates to apply for job via Linkedin. In this tab, check/uncheck the Allow apply with LinkedIn box tin enable/disable the feature. You need to enter API key and Secret key of Linkedin to make this feature work. Applying via Linkedin also comes with Cover letter field. Set it as required, optional or hidden. Click Save Changes button to save your settings.Get your API key by creating a new application on https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer
Get your secret key by creating a new application on https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer
• Cover Letter field: This option is related to Cover letter section in Apply via LinkedIn form. There are 3 choices in the drop-down list: Optional (the cover letter is optional), Required (the cover letter is required) and Hidden (the cover letter is hidden in the form)
1.5. Email Templates
1.5.1. Admin emails
Admin emails include Job submitted email and Resume submitted email
• Job submitted email:
Activate: Tick this box to activate job submitted email
Subject: Enter a subject here
Content: Enter email content here
• Resume submitted email:
Activate: Tick this box to activate job submitted email
Subject: Enter a subject here
Content: Enter email content here
1.5.3. Candidate emails
Candidate emails include:
- Candidate registration email
- Candidate job application submitted email
- Candidate job application approved email
- Candidate job application rejected email
- Candidate resume submitted notification email
- Candidate resume approved email
- Candidate resume rejected email
All of these emails have Activate, Subject and Content section to input
• From email: enter an address from which emails are sent. You should leave it blank if you use a plugin of the third party to send email.
• From name: enter a name so that recipients can know who sent these emails
Verify user register email
- Subject: Enter Subject here
- Content: Enter Content here
- Job Package Page: In this tab, you can assign the package page which displays all the job posting packages. Select the package page you created from Package Page dropdown list then click Save Changes button to save your settings. You can find how to create a package page in PAGES section > Create Package Page.
• Job Package category (optional): Choose a package category which wil be shown
- Allow re-purchase free package: enable this option if you allow employers to purchase the free package more than one time
• Refer ro this link to know how to create Job Package Page
Job Package Page
•Resume Package Page: In this tab, you can assign the package page which displays all the job posting packages. Select the package page you created from Package Page dropdown list then click Save Changes button to save your settings. You can find how to create a package page in PAGES section > Create Package Page.
•Resume Package category (optional): Choose a package category which wil be shown
• Allow re-purchase free package: enable this option if you allow employers to purchase the free package more than one time
Prior to reading instruction of making changes to settings in this part, please make sure that you have already installed and activated a plugin created by Nootheme. It is called Noo Indeed Integration which helps integrate your site with job data originated from Indeed.com.
♣ Publisher ID: To show search results from Indeed, you will need a Publisher ID that is a 16 digit number. To obtain the ID, follow the following steps:• Create an account• After registering successfully, login to your Indeed account > go to the XML Feed Tab• Navigate to Sample Request section then you will see your Publisher IDFinally, copy and paste the ID into Publisher ID box.
♣ Generate XML: when you generate an XML feed, your jobs will be exported to Indeed. Therefore, this action assures that those jobs will be included in Indeed`s listing.
♣ Enable Indeed integration: tick this box to allow Jobs taken from Indeed to be displayed on your site
♣ Job keywords: You can enter many terms to search jobs from Indeed and can also search for multiple terms at the same time on the condition that you have to type “or” between these ones. The default terms are ANDed. Yet, in order that Indeed jobs search result can work properly, we recommend you should type one keyword here.
♣ Job location: Enter a location to search for job from Indeed
♣ Job type: there is a drop-down list of job types. The list contains Full time, Part time, Contract, Internship and Temporary
♣ Job country: Choose a default country to show jobs from (enter a country code here, for example, us is corresponding to United States)Consult https://ads.indeed.com/jobroll/xmlfeed for a list of supported country code
♣ Page to show Indeed Jobs: you can choose many pages to show by ticking boxes.
♣ Show Company Link: Tick this box to show link of the company for Indeed jobs. However, it may take longer time to load jobs
♣ Integration mode: You have two choices of mode. When you opt Random, you will not see further options. Yet, if your preference is Before and After, you will continue to complete the two following sections:
♣ No. Indeed jobs before: the number of jobs from Indeed is shown above your job listing. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
♣ No. Indeed jobs after: the number of jobs from Indeed is shown after the last page of your job listing. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
This is also a new tab in Job Settings section. It include the following options:
Companies Archive base: You can set Companies page slug
Show Company With No Job: Check or Uncheck to Show or Hide Company which does not have any posted job.
Enable Cover Image: Check this box to allow Employers to change Cover Image that will be used on a company`s page and be the default image for its jobs.
This tab has many options for you to set:
Member Manage Page: opt Member page to make personal frontend Dashboard work properly.
Member Page Title Show: Select Page Title (for example, name of member page is Member, it will show this title when a user logs into the account) or Current user`s name.
Use Member page as WordPress login/register: If you enable this option, all login links, including /wp-admin will be redirected to Member page. Meanwhile, as you uncheck this box, you will have a type of login like this one (wp-login.php image)
Who can register?: There is a drop-down list of groups who can register accounts. Group can be Both Employer&Candidate, Only Employer, Only Candidate. Moreover, you are also able to choose an option called Disable Register.
Enable Captcha on Registration: tick this box to enable Captcha which helps to prohibit spam
Hide Admin Bar: Tick this box to hide Admin Bar for users. Yet, efficiency of this selection is only applied to users who will register their account right after this box is checked.
Require Email Confirmation: If this box is checked then users have to confirm email to complete registering
Enable Login using Email: This option will replace user name with email of the user for login
Enable Social Login: Tick this box so that users can login via facebook, Google and LinkedIn.
Facebook/Google/LinkedIn API: Insert API you obtained after following available instructions in these options. Paste both Application ID and Secret into these sections
Enable Front-End Integration: Tick this box. This will allow employers and candidates to communicate via messages on the frontend.
Apply Job Message: Tick this box so that the conversation can start when a candidate applies for a job
Approve/Reject Message: tick this box so that the conversation can start when an employer rejects/approves a job application.
Employers can start conversation with: Choose a group with whom employers can start a conversation
Candidates can start conversation with: Choose a group with whom candidates can start a conversation.
Show Send Message on Candidate Profile: This option serves display of Send Message button in Candidate`s contact information section shown in each resume. There are 4 choices which are No (Send Message will not be shown in all cases), For Private Contact ( Send Message will be shown if contact information is private), For Public Contact (Send Message will only be displayed if Contact information is public) and For All Candidate Contact (Send Message will be shown in all cases)
Note: For Private/ Public Contact is also influenced by your settings to Show Candidate Contact on Resumes For in Resumes tab
Note: To obtain the function of sending messages, you have to make sure that you have already installed Front-End PM plugin.
Front End PM settings: These settings help you to make changes to some display in Message section of the site.
Max messages a user can keep in box: The maximum number of messages is kept in message box of a user. If you set 0 here, it will not place a limit on the number of messages in the box. Meanwhile, there is a unlimited number of messages that can be stored in box of Admin.
Messages to show per page: The number of messages is shown per page. Do not set this to 0.
Maximum user per page in Directory: This option places a limit on the number of users displayed in Directory.
Time delay between two messages sent by a user in minutes: This one helps prevent spam activities of the user. It is time during which a user has to wait for sending the next message. If you set it to 0, it means that there will not be delay for sending messages. Admin does not postpone sending messages by default.
Block Username: If any users are entered here, they will not be able to send messages.
Custom CSS: This section helps you to design the display of messages.
Editor Type: Choose a kind of editor in the drop-down list.
Minimum capacity to use messaging: Leave blank so that all users are entitled to give messages. You can ignore this one because settings are inserted into Jobs > settings.
Allow to send attachment: Tick this box so that users can send attachment. Then you will have two extra options: set maximum size of the attachment and maximum number of attachment (set it to 0 if you do not want to restrict the number of attachments.
Valid email address for “to” field of announcement email: Enter an admin email.
The remaining options contain:
Send email to all users when a new announcement is published
Hide Directory from Front End
Hide Auto Suggestion when typing recipient name
Disable “send new messages” for all users except admins
Hide site wide notification in Header
Hide Branding Footer
Remember to Click Save Options after you change settings
Google Maps API Key: Input a google map API key here so that the map can be loaded well on your site. You can refer to this link to know how to get an API key https://nootheme.com/knowledge-base/get-google-maps-api/
Allow User Input: Check this box so that users can add new locations when they post a job
Enable Google Auto- Complete: Tick this box to use Auto-Complete from Google Map for your location input
Country Restriction: If you select a specific country in the drop-down list, this will limit suggestions when users type locations in Add New Location Section. Leave it blank to use all the locations around the world
Location Type contains 4 options:
Administrative regions: This one allow you to enter street, district, city and country
Cities: the location is limited with cities
Establishment (Business location): Name of a specific location
All Address Information: detailed information of the address
1.12. Job Alert
Job Alert feature allows candidates to create job alerts and receive email of jobs related to their keyword, expected location, category in frequency they set. Check/Uncheck the Enable Job Alert box to enable/disable this feature. Enter the number of job you want to show in job alert email sent to candidates. It helps make sure the email has reasonable length. If there are more jobs than this number, a read more link will be added to the end of email.
Note: Here are two requisite conditions which ensure that candidates can receive job alert emails:
• In Job Alert Form created by candidates, there is a section called Keywords. Words you type here must appear in title of Job or/and Job description section of the posted job.
• With at least one visitor going to your site, it helps to make sure that job alert will act.
1.12. 3rd APIs
Input Google reCaptcha Key, LinkedIn App API, Facebook App API and Google App API.