Your WordPress site must have some standard requirements for our NOO Menu to function normally. Please check these requirements before anything else when you encounter a problem.
- WordPress requirement: version 3.5 or above.
- Menu requirement: Menu setup through Appearance Menus Screen
- Theme requirement: theme with proper implement of WordPress 3 Menus
the theme you used for your WordPress site must properly implement WordPress 3 Navigation Menus. Technically, it means that the theme using the WordPress standard function wp_nav_menu to display your menu.
Most of theme developed today has been proper implement of WordPress 3 Menus so if you have problem and can’t check the theme requirement, don’t worry about it and move to check the Theme/Plugin conflict.
With NOO Menu, we have tried our best to make it as compatible as possible with all themes and plugins; however, some as there’re too many themes and plugins, the conflict is impossible to avoid.
The following sections provide instructions for determining if an issue you are experiencing with NOO Menu is caused by a theme or plugin conflict. If you determine that your issue is not a theme or plugin conflict by following these instructions, please report your issue on our Support site.
Checking for Theme Conflicts
To test for a theme conflict:
- Activate default Twenty Twelve, Thirteen or Fourteen theme. I recommend using Twenty Twelve or Thirteen because they have the horizontal menu.
- Check to see if the issue still occurs
If the issue does not occur after having activated the default “Twenty Twelve” theme, your theme is causing a conflict with NOO Menu.
If the issue continues to occur, you should then test for plugin conflicts.
Checking for Plugin Conflicts
To test for a plugin conflict:
- Locate other menu plugins for WordPress: there’re very great menu plugins like UberMenu or Main Mega Menu but because they’re doing the same job as us, those plugins may have conflict with NOO Menu. You can find menu plugins by searching ‘menu’ or ‘navigation’ on their name.
- Disable those menu plugins
- Activate NOO Menu
- Check to see if the issue occurs
If the issue does not occur, one (or more) of these menu plugins is causing a conflict. You mustn’t use that plugins in concurrence with NOO Menu. To determine which plugin(s) is causing the conflict, follow these steps:
- Activate each plugin one by one
Check to see if the issue occurs after each plugin is activated.
If you can’t find the solution here, maybe your problem was already been asked. Please check the FAQs article.