Widgets can be added to main sidebar and footer. To activate widgets, navigate to Appearance>Widgets, you will see number of available widgets. To activate a widget, drag it to a Sidebar, or Footer. You can also click on it to assign to Main Sidebar or Footer. To remove them, just drag it back. If you want to remove a widget from sidebar or footer but keep its settings, drag it to Inactive Widgets. Below are location you can add widgets to:
- Main Sidebar: Main sidebar will be displayed when you choose Classic Site Layout and With Sidebar page template.
- Footer Column #i: Number of Footer Column #i here depends on the number of column you set in Customizer > Footer.
In addition to WordPress default widgets, there are 6 custom widgets of the theme:
- Noo Cause: shows causes by latest order or by most commented order. You can choose to show only causes in a certain category too.
- Noo Cause Categories: shows all Cause categories
- Noo Event: shows events by latest order or by most commented order. You can choose to show only events in a certain category too.
- Noo Event Categories: shows all Event categories
- Recent tweets: shows latest tweets from your Twitter account. You’ll need to enter Consumer key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret. To get these keys, first you need to create a Twitter app. Go to https://apps.twitter.com/ and sign in. Click Create new app. Fill out name, description and website. Leave Callback URL empty, accept the terms and create the app. On the new page, in the middle you should now have all the keys and secrets you need.