11 months, 1 week ago #1065394
I am confused about the donations made via Woocommerce, that I'd like to use for its variety of payment gateways and to keep track of all donations in one place.
Let's say I have offline donations that were submitted through our office. I'd like to add them to the causes online, having recorded the way they were made (credit card, check, cash).
1. The easiest way would be to go to Woocommerce orders and add it manually, but this way it's not been added to a cause.
2. If I add it through the admin panel Donations section, it adds to the cause, but ignores Woocommerce.
3. If add it on the front end, directly through the cause page, I have an issue with credit card payments, because the payments were processed already, and I have to make additional notes to differentiate the payments later on, which is inconvenient, as I will need to look for these notes.
Ideally would be if I was able to add donations manually through the Donations section (admin panel), keep record how the transaction was made (CC #, Check #, Cash) and be able to download the lists of donations. So far this functionality is not centralized, and makes the work of the office harder not easier. Please advise.11 months ago #1065611
Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the late response.
1,2. With the offline donation, you can add the donate to our donation management table. On this table, you can select the cause as you want. You don't need to create the order on the WooCommerce.
3. Sorry, can you explain more your requirement? On our donation management, you can add the donate, payment status and the note? What is the info you want to add on this form? We will help you check it again.
Thanks.11 months ago #1065624
1 & 2. If I add it via Donation section, I don't have any way to download it. I need to be able to download and print out the list of donations for each cause. There's no any type of report system for Donations. This is the reason why I chose your theme - you have WooCommerce that includes this functionality.
3. When a person pays via the frontend, WooCommerce captures a transaction ID, something that would trace me back to the payment on our end. When I add an offline payment manually, I'd like to be able to add:
- a payment method (check, cash, cc)
- make a note of a check or cc number
- customize the donation ID number
- and as I mentioned, to be able to get some type of report and download a list of donations (full or by a cause)11 months ago #1065760
If you choose the WooCommerce payment method, it will create order and donation to management, not only the order.
So if you want to add the offline donation, you need to add the info to WooCommerce order and donation management too.
With the WooCommerce order, you can use a 3rd plugin to export the order (donate) for the cause as you want.
Via the back-end, you can add the payment method to the order. The order id and donation ID, it is auto increment number of the database.
Please check it again.
You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.