5 years, 7 months ago #27973
Dear Kan and the support team,
First of all, I would like to thank Kan for completing the messaging integration with PM plugin that was released recently.
And since it worked and the team need their customer support, I suggest that you guys install a simple bidding theme, those bidding are considered as donations and every customer will bid on the feature they want it to be implemented in the theme.
the way I think it would work is as the following:
1- collect features requests per month
2- post them all at once at the same day by the end of the month
3- minimal bidding could be $1 and max $100
4- keep the bidding open for 1 week only
5- Start with the highest feature that collected more donations
6- rebate the process each month
I guess in this way, customers will support your team, and your team will understand how badly their customers are in need for a certain feature
I guess all theme builders should have a process like this, and if it worked you might build your own wordpress plug-in around this idea so every author would use it in their helpguru theme as a plug-in or any other support theme
Thank you5 years, 7 months ago #27974
you must consider the following:
- only post features requested and can be implemented within 3 weeks (1 week is gone in the bidding process, that you and your team can utilize in fixing bugs)
- set a minimum target for each posted feature request ($150 in total in order to be considered)
- if the feature did not reach the target in the first month and only collected 50$ for example, re-post the same feature next month with a reduced target (150-50 = $100)
- a monthly release should be targeted with one added feature at least
This will keep your theme updated, your income increased, your customer happy. I really think that im giving up a golden idea here 🙂5 years, 7 months ago #27975
what can motivate customers to donate?
- Customers feature will be implemented
- If a customer want a specific feature and can't have it unless he moves out to another theme, he will re-consider as moving to another theme would cost him/her and bidding could save money and time
- Customers can reach to each another to showcase why the feature is important, which eventually will lead for more donations
- nooTheme will provide 1 priority support ticket to solve one technical issue for those who donated over than ($ #) in the bidding overall contribution (this service is provided in eventessprsso plug-in as a paid service and you should consider adding it to your list of services)
- nooTheme will provide 1 month access to the support forum for those who donated over than ($ #_ in the bidding overall contribution
and you might increase the list of freebies that you can offer to encourage customers to contribute5 years, 7 months ago #27996
agree5 years, 7 months ago #28105
Kan NguyenCustomerTopics: 1
Thank you for supporting us, and your idea is amazing. You took your time to think of a detailed plan that will help us a lot in our development, I appreciate your offer very much.
However, there's one problem with it, even if our customers are generous, and we received plenty of support for our development, there's not so much that our team can do for the development. It's the best if we could develop one or two major features in a month. And we can still manage to do it for now. We'll still try to develop base on your suggestion if the technical allow us.
After thinking about it for awhile, I decided that we'll follow the traditional and simple way:
1. Provide the best support that we could.
2. Develop top-notch features that only us, who created this theme can do.
3. If our customers base and our theme function grow up to a certain point then we'll make a site for JobMonster and possibly sell some JobMonster add-ons in that site.
4. If we success, we can attract developers to making add-ons to our theme and selling it too.
Number 3 is our plan for next year. If we can reach number 4 then it'll be best for everyone.
In the meantime, I don't want to not waste your effort so I'll add a simple Donation button. Anyone feels our support is good are free to donate to us. And you can include a message. If you write us your feature included in that message, it will take priority in case we also like it and haven't decided which come first in our theme ( but I really hope that we only receive best wish messages ).
Also, if you want to support us, please consider buying our other themes, it'll help us grow: http://themeforest.net/user/nootheme/portfolio
Kan Nguyen5 years, 7 months ago #28619
Sounds good, I hope you accomplish your targets anyway you find suitable and keep this theme going and growing
You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.