5 years, 5 months ago #2293
1) How do we update the top is the global donation button? The text in the pop up window says "please specify an amount of money you want to donate for this cause" even though they are not able to select a cause. See screenshot. We need to be able to either:
- Update the text to say that are giving to our organization and allowing us to select a cause and then include a link to the top level cause page so that they can select a cause.
- Or, Just have the donate button redirect them to the causes page if they click on it while not on specific cause page.
2) We’ve spent two weeks designing a new site with this theme and now find out we cant use a basic feature like CC for causes? This was the main reason we purchased this theme. Not everyone uses Paypal so not allowing CC payments would restrict our donations. Is there a way we can pay to have these integrated? If we cant add CC this template will not work for us.
3) The donate buttons on the noo event sliders are not clicking through. We currently have these on the page. How do we fix this?
4) How do we set up the donate feature to provide which cause that the person is donating to in Paypal. Our current site does this in the description of paypal. See http://christianlifemissions.com/5 years, 5 months ago #2296This reply has been marked as private.5 years, 5 months ago #2298
See the screenshots of how the paypal landing pages differ on our current and the Noo dreamer theme. How do we update this to work like our current site for paypal clicks?5 years, 5 months ago #2301
I just changed the field that asks for either our paypal ID or email from the email to our ID and the ID does option does not seem to work. Please advise5 years, 5 months ago #2316
1) As I said in the discussion on themeforest, you'll have to edit the source code to change the text or link the donation button to Causes list page. You can see the file: noo-dreamer/framework/admin/noo_donate.php
function donate_modal around line 870.
This function create donate modal for both global and single cause donate, you can check variable: $type == ‘donateModal’ to know if it’s global donate.
2) Right now, we’re too busy so we can’t do it for you even if you pay us. In our road-map, we want to integrate this theme with WooCommerce to take advanced of the payment gateway on WooCommerce, but I don’t have any date for that development.
3) I found the bug, please download attached file, extract it, and use the file to replace file noo-dreamer/framework/admin/noo_cause.php
4) I'll try to edit the code to achieve the landing page you want, I think it's the different in payment request type and I can change it. Please give me FTP account which can edit the source code. I will also check for the problem with donation not work after changing email id.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2326
1) Question about updating the source code for the global donate button as you described, if we update the global donate to link to the cause page, will this send them to the cause page whey they click on the global donate no matter what page they are on? So currently when a person clicks on the donate button while on a cause, the image for that cause is shown and the text in the global donate says to donate for this cause which is great. The issue is when someone clicks on the global donate while not in a cause. So we would need the global donate to do one thing while on cause pages and then to say and do another while not on the cause page. For example, if someone clicks on the global donate while on an event page, the image for the event populates even though the event isnt collecting donations. Is it possible to have the global donate work one way while on a cause page and another when not on a cause page?5 years, 5 months ago #2345
I think there's a bug in our theme. The global donation shouldn't change header image even on cause page. I'll update it in the next release.
For your question, if you make change as I suggest, you only change the content of global donate window. The global donate will always be the global donate, not change to single cause donate, even if it's on cause page.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2355This reply has been marked as private.5 years, 5 months ago #2408
Amy updates on the paypal landing page?5 years, 5 months ago #2460
We are hoping to go live with the site soon but need to get the paypal donations link fixed.5 years, 5 months ago #2490
I'm sorry for late response. I'll check this problem now.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2494
I updated the code on your site, the PayPal landing page is now look like your previous page ( without the payment form ). The reason for the different in the original version is because we used a general page for PayPal while there's a specific page only for Donation. Please check your site now. I'm also going to add this modification to the next release.
It seems there's problem with your account so I can't fix it, I tested with our accounts and there's no problem. Please correct it or use the PayPal's email instead of PayPal's ID.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2512
I updated the paypal merchant account from the ID to the email and it worked. The new landing page looks great. Much better.5 years, 5 months ago #2513
I ran an actual test donation with the sandbox feature off and it looked to have worked. Looking at the donations history, my payment status shows as pending even though the payment went through. Also, I dont see a change in the donation goal on the cause I donated to.
After my payment I was not redirected back to the confirmation page on our site which is the only way we can track conversions in our analytics. Based on paypal documentation, when a customer selects PayPal to checkout, they are redirected to PayPal where they can log in to review the transaction details. After agreeing to fund the transaction with their PayPal account, PayPal redirects the customer back to the confirmation page on your website where you capture the payment. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/web/web-checkout/
Looks like there is some additional needed to be added for this to work. This may be why we are seeing the payment status as pending still.5 years, 5 months ago #2531
I uploaded the new version to our demo site, and ran a test on it. The payment when through without any problem. And the new donation is completed automatically.
Please check your sandbox accounts, both personal and merchant to see if the donation is processed.
About the return page, it's automatically set to the homepage via PayPal parameter: return_url. If you don't need it, I can help you remove that setting in source code.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2533
The payment processed fine on paypal but it is showing up as pending in wordpress and the donation goal has not changed. I was not redirected automaticallyback to the site after completing the paypal payement which is what we are looking for it to do.5 years, 5 months ago #2544
Following up, the payment processed fine on paypal but it is showing up as pending in wordpress and the donation goal has not changed. I'm assuming the payment status should change to success or something after a successful donation and that the donation they did on paypal should update the goal counter on the causes pages.
One other note, we are seeing some overlap of content on Safari, IE, and Chrome browsers but not on Firefox or Opera.5 years, 5 months ago #2554
Your payment is different from the test in our demo site.
Maybe there's something wrong with your version ( I added the code to it, but not all from our new version ) Can I install the new version to your site? I need confirmation because you'll lose the customization in source code if I do so.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2555
We updated the paypal to now redirect back to a success page on our site so we can track. I see that we have to manually change a payment donation that shows up in wordpress from pending to completed in order for it to affect to the donate counter. Is there a way to automate this?
Our main issue now is the overlap of content we're seeing on Safari, IE, and Chrome browsers but not on Firefox or Opera.5 years, 5 months ago #2556
<span id=":18r" dir="ltr">There is an alert on the back end from woocommerce on the theme.
<div class="km">"Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files. If you notice an issue on your site, this could be the reason. Please contact your theme developer for further assistance." <span id=":rz" class="kl" dir="ltr"></span></div>
<div class="km">Does the new theme fix this?</div>
</div>5 years, 5 months ago #2557
It shouldn't need to manually change the donation process as this theme has function to read PayPal IPN and change the donation status. I want to update to the new version to see if it fix this problem.
The new theme should fix the overlap content problem, you can test it on our demo site. http://wp.nootheme.com/dreamer
The problem with WooCommerce's message will be fixed in the next release.
Kan Nguyen5 years, 5 months ago #2558
OK, lest go ahead and update to the new version. We can go back and update any custom code we added.5 years, 5 months ago #2562
Let me know when the new theme is up.5 years, 5 months ago #2586
The new theme was not added? Where can go to find the new theme?5 years, 5 months ago #2597
I'm sorry, I can't work last weekend.
I'm installing the new theme to your site now.
You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.